Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot, hot, hot, hot

Too hot to blog...

It's been consistently in the mid to upper 90's all week, with not even the hint of a speck of a cloud, let alone a drop of rain. The Little Woman and I have been sitting in front of several fans, and seeking out air conditioning in places we would never visit (shopping malls), with neither time or energy for much of anything else.

I took this photo from the top of a gentle slope leading to the back corner of the yard, where it's shady and damp. I don't do anything special to our grass, other than mow it - and I do that mainly to generate the clippings I like to use in the garden as mulch. Next year, I might try to make and use compost tea, as they now do on the various lawns at Harvard.

But for now, this is what the grass is like in most spots of the yard, save for that cool, shady, and well-watered corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment